TORONTO, ONTARIO, February 24, 2014 – Tashota Resources Inc. is pleased to announce that it has entered into an option agreement to acquire a 50% interest in 196 units (7,840 acres) from Echo Ridge Resources Inc. (“ERR”) situated 120 kilometres west of the city of Thunder Bay in northwestern Ontario.
The option agreement consists of $20,000 on signing, 200,000 Tashota Resources Inc. shares; and subsequent option payments of $25,000, $30,000, $25,000, $25,000 and $20,000 on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th anniversaries. Exploration expenditures of $50,000, $100,000 and $150,000 are required before the 1st, 2nd and 3rd anniversaries. A 3% NSR royalty is payable, with option to reduce it to 1% by Payments of $500,000 per 0.5% reduction.
An Exploration Permit, valid for three years, has been granted to ERR by the MNDM, allowing it to carry out stripping, trenching and diamond drilling. ERR has also posted an Exploration Plan with MNDM allowing it to do line cutting and survey work. ERR has also signed a MOU with Lac des Mille Lacs First Nation (LDMNFN). ERR recognizes traditional territorial rights of LDMLFN and has agreed to keep LDMLFN informed about its activities, grant employment and business opportunities to band members and their businesses, and sign an IBA at an appropriate time. ERR has also agreed to keep the Métis Nation of Ontario informed about its activities.
The “Shebandowan Greenstone Belt”
The areas known as “The Shebandowan Greenstone Belt” has become a prolific gold play (see Figure 3 and 6 in “Shebandowan” section). The “ERR” property is a promising copper-gold-silver-molybdenum diorite/porphyry prospect that is adjacent to several junior resource companies, including; Rainy Mountain Royalty Corp ( www.rmroyalty.com ); Pele Gold Corp, subsidiary of Pele Mountain Resources ( www.pelemountain.com ) ; and Viking Gold Exploration/ Golden Share Mining Corp. ( www.vikinggold.ca ) / (www.goldenshare.ca ). Other notable major companies operating in the Belt include; Cliffs Chromite (www.cliffsnaturalresources.com ) approximately 10 kilometres south of the Echo property, and Xstrata (www.glencorexstrata.com ) directly to the east. Recently, Moss Lake Gold Mines (www.mosslakegold.com ) to the east of ERR was acquired 100% by its parent company, Wesdome (www.wesdome.com).
Highlights: Echo Ridge Property
- Results from this past year of prospecting have revealed six new discovery areas with results as high as 6.97% Cu, 4.5 g. /t Au, 66 g. /t Ag and 0.4% Mo. Such wide spread Cu-Au-Ag-Mo occurrences bodes well for a major drill program.
- The Echo Ridge Property is composed of a diorite intrusive with multiple porphyry prospects. There are at least six drill ready targets along a six to seven kilometer stretch. Preliminary work completed in 1990 by Noranda to the NE of the new discoveries indicated presence of significant Cu mineralization within the diorite (.58% Cu, 0.10 g. /t Au and 7.7g. /t Ag over 8 metres).
- In 1990, a small drill program on a newly acquired nine unit block tested the mineral occurrence and returned 0.52 g./t Au, 31.8 g./t Ag, 1.75% Cu over 1 meter. Surface grab samples from similar mineralization assayed as high as 13.3 g. /t Au and 4.2% Cu.
- Additional three blocks of claims staked this past year cover gold values reported by Murgor Resources. Gold with values of 22.1g. /t and 19.2g/t is hosted by moderately sheared quartz feldspar porphyry (a dike of unknown thickness).
- There exists an extensive nearby infrastructure with a paved Highway #11, hydro line and railroad approximately 25 kilometers away. Resolute Forest Products maintains a number of logging roads that traverse Echo Ridge Property. This allows for easy access to promising unexplored grounds.
- Topography at Echo Ridge is favourable with flat to rolling hills. Similar rock types that host copper mineralization of the past producing North Coldstream Copper Mine occur on the Echo Ridge Property. North Coldstream Copper Mine is approximately 19 kilometers to the east.
- Excellent government geological services are in place as well as congenial First Nation’s relationships. In all planning for options with the Echo Ridge Project, Echo Ridge’s management has filed Exploration Plans & Permits (EPP). Aboriginal communities potentially affected by the EPP activities have been notified by the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines (MNDM) and have had an opportunity to provide feedback before exploration activities can be carried out. Recently, Echo Ridge has drawn up a workable Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Lac des Mille Lacs First Nation. All parties will work constructively together to build a relationship of respect, tolerance and sharing.
- Roughly, 50 kilometers west is the town of Atikokan. The town of Atikokan or the lodges nearby can provide food and lodging. The city of Thunder Bay is 120 kilometers to the east. The Thunder Bay District is the hub of mining activity for Northwestern Ontario. Many mining companies have field offices in the city as well as support companies (e.g. 3 assay offices).
- Recent prospecting has revealed a structurally controlled shear zone going through the property. It is concluded that this shear zone is on strike with Viking Gold’s/Golden Share Mining’s “Larose” property that has a high-grade auriferous corridor.
- The “Larose” was prospected by Tashota’s newly appointed Director, Mr. Russell Kwiatkowski for which he received the 2004 Discovery of the Year Award.
- Sinotech Minerals Exploration Co. Ltd.; a leading Chinese mineral exploration and development company has taken a strategic position in the Shebandowan area by way of a merger of Golden Share Mining with Silvore Fox Minerals Corp. While parts of the area has been explored in the past by Noranda and others; the presence of “new” massive to disseminated mineral bearing sulphides in altered and sheared diorite, as well as, multiple porphyries makes this area a prime target for further discoveries.